MANAGER: PROFESSIONAL AFFAIRS (CPD & REGISTRATION)
SALARY GRADE: D2 (R950 742) TCTC
66% (R627 490) pensionable base, 34% (R323 252) to be structured as per individual needs viz Medical Aid, 13th cheque, housing, Travelling Allowance, etc.
Have a Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) degree or equivalent qualification and be registered as a pharmacist with the South African Pharmacy Council, and be designated as a Practising Pharmacist. A senior degree would serve as a strong recommendation. Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in pharmacy practice and management.
COMPETENCIES: Management skills, leadership skills, team development skills, financial management skills, performance management skills, analytical skills, research skills, investigative skills, people management skills, negotiation skills, coaching skills, and presentation skills.
- Manage all activities related to the accreditation of courses and providers in accordance with Good Pharmacy Education Standards (GPES).
- Manage all activities related to the monitoring of providers in accordance with the GPES.
- Responsible for the monitoring and compliance of pharmacies in line with Good Pharmacy Practice (GPP)
- Manage activities related to the pre-registration year.
- Responsible for the management of registrations of persons, courses, providers, and pharmacies.
- Develop and review professional standards, accreditation criteria and tools, monitoring tools (universities and pharmacies) and guidelines.
- Assumes responsibility for the amendments and maintenance to the registers of persons and organisations as well as the verification and printing thereof.
- Consult and communicate with the profession and other stakeholders regarding all professional affairs matters in a friendly and professional manner.
- Drafting agendas and minutes, and facilitating the activities of the committees/task groups relating to the department.
- Supervise all activities of all personnel reporting to the incumbent.
- Reports to the Senior Manager: Professional Affairs on all matters regarding his/her KPA.
In line with the Council’s commitment to diversifying its workforce, suitable candidates from the designated groups and disabled people are encouraged to apply.
All applications for the position, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications and ID, should be submitted online at https://bit.ly/ApplyMCPD. Should you forget to upload your documents with the application, please upload them as one file at this link: https://bit.ly/UploadManCPD. Enquiries should be directed to: HR Department, for attention: Ms Boledi Talane at Boledi.Talane@sapc.za.org or Telephone No. 012-319 8500, South African Pharmacy Council, 591 Belvedere Street, Arcadia, Pretoria. Faxed application will not be accepted.
The closing date is 27 September 2022.
If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application as being unsuccessful.